Detailing cars, trucks, SUVs and vans is a big job that can consume a lot of time and water. One way to make the process more efficient is with a durable and powerful pressure washer designed for cleaning vehicles quickly and safely. Electric pressure washers with around 1,500 PSI work great for washing cars, providing a fast and thorough clean that will leave your customers smiling as they drive their shiny vehicles around Texas. Clean more cars in less time and use less water with electric pressure washer equipment from Alklean Industries
Pressure Washer Dos and Don’ts for Mobile Auto Detailing
- Choose an electric pressure washer with 1,500 PSI—the optimal PSI for washing cars without causing damage.
- Select a pressure washer that distributes water and detergent. This saves time and makes the cleaning process much easier.
- Choose a wash wand that is comfortable and easy to use while you reach up and over to clean roofs and into wheel wells to clean tires.
- Use a soft-bristled wash brush that is in good condition, clean, and suited for use on a car.
- Use the proper detergent for vehicles—one that suits both your pressure washer and your car.
- Wear closed-toe shoes. An accidental spray on the foot with a pressure washer can hurt and cause an abrasion injury.
- Check that the vehicle’s doors and windows are completely closed.
- Always clean and rinse brushes and sponges that you use regularly. If they contain grit, dirty sponges and brushes can scratch paint.
- Keep the nozzle at a safe distance from the surface so you don’t damage the paint.
- Never use a pressure washer with more than 2,200 PSI on vehicles.
- If you are using a commercial pressure washer, make sure you don’t use any settings that are meant for stripping paint or anything harder.
- Avoid washing vehicles on small pebble or gravel surfaces. While pressure washing, small rocks can bounce up onto the vehicle, chipping the paint.
- Never start pressure washing without diluting the detergent per instructions.
- Don’t wash from bottom to top. Always start with the roof and work down toward the ground.
- Don’t let the pressure washer nozzle stay in one place for too long. Depending on the condition of the surface, you may chip the paint. Keep the water stream in constant motion.
Alklean Industries provides the Houston, Texas area with a range of industrial cleaning products and equipment. We know how important it is for auto detailers to have confidence in their pressure washing equipment, and we have the expertise to help you choose the best equipment for your needs. Contact Alklean Industries today to make your selection.